Happy 11 Months, Lucy!
In honor of her 11-month birthday this Sunday, here are 11 things about Lucy:
1. She still won’t eat with her collar on.
2. She LOVES sticks and has stockpiled quite a few outside our front door.
3. She likes Marty better than me, even though I was the one who picked her out, brought her home, takes care of her, picks up her poop, takes her for walks, cuts up her treats…
4. She still hates walks, unless they’re on her terms. Which means 8 p.m. at night when it’s 10 degrees and pitch black out.
5. As my dad would say, her taste is in her ass. Pills and medicine? Yummy! Poop? Yummy! A wicker basket? Yummy! TV stand? YUM! Foul-tasting, anti-bite spray? Dessert!
6. She loves carrying her bed around on her back.
7. Car rides remain one of her favorite things ever. If we ask her if she wants to go on a car ride, she sprints to the door, down to the car and puts her little front paws right on the door of the car (she can’t jump in on her own…darn midget legs!). Often times she forgets to pee so much to her dismay, we delay her car ride a few minutes until she takes care of business.
8. She’s allergic to bees.
9. She is frightened of many things, including big boxes. Especially if someone is carrying said box. She once ran away from me when I picked up a large box that had been delivered to the wrong apartment. I walked back to my apartment with the box in my hands and no dog. Lucy just cowered next to the porch during my walk back.
10. She loves ice cubes and always has.
11A. She waits by the foot of stairs every morning once she hears Marty’s feet hit the floor and rarely moves until he comes downstairs, no matter how long it takes him.
11B. She’s the best dog in the world!