A Day in the Life

A lot of bloggers (and I actually read mostly health/fitness blogs, not dog blogs, believe it or not) write “day in the life” posts and I find them pretty interesting. Maybe it’s just because I’m super nosy. Anyway, I thought I’d document a normal day in my life. As I’ve mentioned before, sometimes it’s really easy to forget the little things that separate one foster from another, such as our daily routines so I thought this would be kind of interesting.

For instance, we always took Lucy and Snowy (Violet) and Lucy and Cindy (Nellie) out together. Neither dog ran off and all of those dogs enjoyed being outside together. Not so much with Isaac since he A: runs away and B: only wants to hump Lucy when they’re together.

So here we go…

5 a.m. – Alarm goes off. Since I started going to 6 a.m. CrossFit classes, I can actually press snooze once or twice. When I ran in the mornings, I had to make sure I was actually up at five so I could warm-up and still have time for a decent run.

5:15 a.m. – Roll out of bed.

5:20 a.m. – Take the doggies out one by one, Lucy first (this way Isaac has a spot to mark quickly…otherwise we wander aimlessly as he searches for the perfect spot to mark).

5:50 a.m. – Leave for CrossFit. While I’m gone, Marty eventually gets up and feeds the dogs.

7:10 a.m. – Walk Isaac. No matter the weather, we walk. And now he has a glorious sweater to wear when it’s super cold 🙂


8:30 a.m. – Leave for work. Marty leaves for work later than I do so he takes them out again before he leaves.

12 p.m. – Come home for lunch. I work less than a mile away so I always get home for lunch. I eat and then take the dogs out. I spend 10-15 minutes walking Isaac who gets increasingly pissed when he realizes it’s going to be a very short walk. Then I spend 10-15 minutes while Lucy sits in the yard doing nothing productive. Both dogs then get some peanut butter in the their Kongs and I head back to work.

5-5:30 p.m. – Usually get home from work. (On days we have a home athletic event, I get home at 4:30, feed the dogs, then head back to work until 10 or so). The dogs are fed, I change into junk clothes and Isaac and I head out for a long walk.

6 p.m. – Wine time. Always.

7-9 p.m. – Bum time, as Marty and I call it. It’s usually me and the dogs for a while; Marty usually leaves work around 7:30. I spend the time before Marty gets home making sure Isaac doesn’t constantly hump Lucy and trying to divide up toys since Lucy seems to ONLY want whatever toy Isaac has (sounds like children…).

See? This was the new toy meat for Isaac that wound up in Lucy's mouth...

See? This was the new toy meant for Isaac that wound up in Lucy’s mouth…

9 p.m. – Bedtime for me. Marty’s up way later so he takes them out again.

Pretty exciting life, huh?

"Fascinating story, mom."

“Fascinating story, mom.”

One thought on “A Day in the Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s